Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Speaking of shoulder weight...




I've had the opportunity to page through most of the paraphernalia collected at the CHA show. My mind filling with ideas, visualizing much more than what is being shown in the pile of collected catalogs and after several hours,

It is time to take a little creative break.

There is a heavy canvas bag calling for my attention....

Unexpectedly, I find myself back in my studio digging through some of my past clients upholstery fabric samples for a swatch with dark blues and white as I was drawn to the heavy cotton canvas bag so generously supplied by the company
named Merchants Overseas.

I was thrilled to come across an Italian cotton paisley swatch from Ralph Lauren that was a perfect match, and considering the company's logo had served its purpose,
being exposed at a trade show, I chose to do a remake of the tote covering
the wording with this fabric.




The new look is simple, chic, fun and a super quick sew.




No comments:

Post a Comment