Saturday, April 30, 2011

May Day





As the sweet tradition goes...

the small baskets are often homemade and filled with flowers or treats.

They are usually left anonymously on neighbours' doorsteps

or hooked over the handle or knob.



or in this case the door knocker




The basket giver rings the bell and runs away






May Day Basket created with heavy card board and paint sample cards

by cutting them in thin strips and weaving them in and out

in a basket weave design

then wrapping the handle with additional strips.





6 comments:

  1. I love this! I've never seen baskets weaved out of paint swatch strips. Lovely for May Day and soooo creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenelle !

    Neither had I, just a little silly creativity...while left on a phone hold far too long with the color swatches and a paper cutter in front of me !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so *beautiful*!!!! I love the monochromatic shading. I would love it if you would link this up to my party A Marvelous Mess....each week I pick one project to feature on my sidebar!! Here is the link: http://marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com/2011/05/marvelous-mess-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paulette - this is another fantastic idea. So creative and clever! Thanks again for linking to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this as well today. Hope you are enjoying your week ~ Stephanie Lynn
    www.bystephanielynn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy May Day :))
    Very pretty!

    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete