Sunday, March 18, 2012

Embellished Cardigan


I found the sweet peachy pink cardigan at The Gap

and loved the color, fit and length.

By now, my readers would know I can't seem to

just leave it as it was created.







I have several lengths of beautiful vintage laces

needing to come out of hiding and be shown off.

They seem the perfect embellishment.

I layer them and then

they are easily hand sewn on to the sweater.




Then feeling it needs a bit more,

I pull out the treasured vintage button collection

and pour it out on the table looking

for just the right lovelies to create a button bouquet.




The magic mesh comes in handy for laying out the gems

and then sewing them into place.








I cut away the extra mesh and add a magnet to attach it with,

so the fabric will not be damaged by the weight of the pin.





Fortunately I have the perfect vintage crochet top

that works beautifully as a camisole underneath.



I'm loving the happy spring colors being shown this season!




9 comments:

  1. I love this concept and can't wait to try my first project with the vintage trimmings I've been collecting for years. Will you dry clean the sweater or wash it? Will you remove the lace before cleaning the sweater? Thanks for the inspiration!

    Kay Moser, novelists
    www.kaymoser.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I need some of that mesh stuff!♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that! What a difference a little embellishment makes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is lovely!

    Happy day, happy spring, happy happy everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft and feminine! I love it! I have plans for a cardigan of mine and you gave me some great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so wonderful! Thanks for linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We love having you and hope you'll be back next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your transformation is adorable! I love the addition of the lace and the embellishments. Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful cardi! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete