Friday, June 4, 2010

Vintage luggage remake



.
Originally intended to carry a girls makeup or used as an overnight case,

this little number had been through the test of time.

When I spied it, the inside lining was in sorry shape and the plastic handle missing,

but not to worry the forlorn piece had some redeeming values.





The size and shape was perfect for my needs

and with a little effort and ingenuity it was given a new life.






Vintage flower stamps where decoupaged to the outside

to perk up the lack luster color and a new leather handle added.

A bright plaid lining replaced the faded, stained, and torn satin lining

and a velcroed pocket with pouches was fashioned and added in to hold paint brushes.

It's now ready for traveling...





I'm thrilled to have Cloth Paper Studio Magazine share the post with their readers!



8 comments:

  1. Oh this is great! I really love the fabric and the pouches to hold brushes! Thankyou for the sweet comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little tote. Did you age the hardware or did you find it like that?
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT A GREAT IDEA. THANKS FOR SHARING.

    SHEILA @ RAGGEDYKINGDOM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a really creative use for the luggage! Now you can paint anywhere you go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your vintage luggage:))
    Greetings from Europe, Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so lovely, and would be a pleasure just to sit and look at. It's especially nice that it's functional as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea...I may try this in order to round up all my paintbrushes and supplies!!! I just bought a suitcase for fifty cents at a thrift shop last week!!!

    ReplyDelete