Monday, January 16, 2012

Simple Scarf



While viewing Ralph Lauren's fashion week photos

of ready-to-wear for the spring 2012 collection


showing a myriad of beautiful neck scarfs in pastel colors

including peach and baby blue along with flowy chiffon skirts in sherbet-florals,

worn with cashmere sweaters in sunny yellow and apple green.


I'm inspired to take a look through my current collection of scarfs

to see what I have that may emulate the same look.





I find this little number in the same genre

and discover this variegated eyelash thread in a similar colorway.




I can't seem to resist adding a bit of embellishment to give it some texture

using the variegated eyelash thread.





With super easy basting stitches added

this simple scarf can easily transform any ordinary outfit

into something special!



Grateful to have it included in Somerset Life Magazine 

and 

Creative Living Ideas magazine!






7 comments:

  1. Love what you did with that scarf. Such a great idea that adds so much pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never knew what that was called... how fun! You always come up with the BEST ways to make things especially fetching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh. I love that eyelash thread...and the scarf looks beautiful. Good for you for searching through your own stash instead of running to RL! Happy new year, love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have knit with that yarn before. It is such a fabulous thread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! This is stunning! What a great idea :) BTW, I found you through Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life...She mentioned you as giving a painting for the 100th TTT....Thank you :) Plus...I love embellishing, and your site looks very interesting...I think I will stay around for awhile!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...I'm impressed with what a difference that little touch made!

    Visiting from Marty's place, A Stroll Thru Life & Table Top Tuesday, to say "thank you" for making your pretty waterside painting available for her give-away.

    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete