Saturday, April 14, 2012

Found Object Assemblage



After the contractor replaced the damaged doors

I had him salvage an undamaged corner from the original one.

I primed and painted the front and sides white.

Then I pilfered through a drawer with miscellaneous odds and ends.

Here is a look at some of the pieces that ended up being incorporated.





Vintage glasses, bits of tile, brass buttons, an old wooden handle,

a chandelier crystal, vintage wooden clothes pin, a bamboo reed,

small glass vial filled with sand, tiny brass clock, a leaf brooch,

a broken piece from a fan and a color copy of a sweet saying.







Making time for a little weekend creative collaging & blogging!




Thank you to Jana Holstein,
Managing Editor of Somerset Memories for asking to include it
in the Spring 2013 issue!




3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! Super cute collection and awesome display. So clever! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity, Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found your blog! Very creative! I love antiques, and this is a colage of them! It doesn't get any better than that, lol! By the way, I just became your newest follower, yay! I would SO appreciate you following back. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Each item is so interesting. Put them together, and it's quite the conversation piece! Congratulations on your spot in the magazine. How fun! I'm your newest follower. I hope you'll stop over at Quirky Vistas for a visit and follow as well, if you like.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete