Monday, June 16, 2014

Gate and Garden Tour


I was thrilled to be included in the 

Laguna Beach Gate and Garden Tour this year!



(The photo above is from the souvenir book for this years tour.)



This is my largest ever, creative endeavor. 



Here are a few close ups of my higgledy piggledy

vintage brick wall with ceramic seashells.





    . T Here is a before photo, 



As you can see, there was zero curb appeal when I purchased the property.

It's a good thing I was gifted with this amazing imagination and could visualize 

how charming this would become over time with some creativity. 

I hired a contractor to attach metal screen to the unattractive gunite

 for a base to work off of and to mix the cement.

Then we worked together building a mosaic style facade with

 vintage bricks pulled up from the over grown pathways in the back yard.

 I created ceramic seashells to embellish with along with river rocks

 collected about the property.

(It is an ongoing project as there is another 100 feet to go.)




It's been fun sharing the transformation with the neighborhood.


For a peek at what is on the other side of the wall click here.





And I am sincerely honored to receive the Award of Merit 
from the Laguna Beach Beautification Council
for an outstanding contribution to beautifying Laguna Beach 
with my creative wall.


.

10 comments:

  1. I can see why you were invited! Enchanted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's wonderful. You certainly deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You soooooo deserve this Paulette! I am so happy for you. MAGIC is your forte! Miss you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this in person & it's AMAZING! I dream of sitting in your studio creating shells with you! We aren't coming out to California this year but, I'll think of you my friend. Remembering our lunch, walk, visit & fun. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Paulette. Your wall is magical, charming and enchanting and a beautiful work of art. I adore the way you added planters for flowers and plants.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Blessings, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very very deserving award and I'm thrilled for you Paulette! One cannot help but be uplifted and smile when driving by or walking by your enchanting wall. Thank you for enriching us all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had more time to come back to this post, which I wanted to do and am really studying how you did that -- I am overwhelmed. Really taking time to look at the details and context brings out so much. Your merit award was well deserved! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Paulette! What a work of time and love you are creating. And still another 100 feet to go - makes me tire to even think about it. So glad you were honored for your creativity.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! It's a beautiful transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home is magical inside and out, Paulette!
    Cheers!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete