Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ralph Lauren inspired choker necklace





I've always been a fan of Ralph Lauren and his design sense.

He has a classic timeless quality to his designs that I am drawn to

So when I came across this choker necklace in his




* * * * *

my imagination sparked !

I had a fabric swatch in front of me for a clients window treatments




and a pile of fun jewelry bits and bobs

( yes, I seem to live with little piles of creativity throughout the cottage )






folding the fabric on the bias gave me a more interesting pattern

and the swatch was just large enough to fit a neck size

my excitement with the possibility builds !

I know I may be odd this way but it is how my imagination works...

Bits of chains are laid out for visual, and the fun begins

needle and thread, glue and wire cutters are rounded up

and the actual design begins to take shape.

Want to see what I ended up with and the cost nothing ?






.


8 comments:

  1. I get it, I get it. Love what you created here.
    Your bits and pieces really came together. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It‘s so nice that I found your blog about your link at 'Between Naps on the Porch'. Of course I’ve scrolled a little and like what I see. Now I’m your new follower! ;)

    Take care
    Tine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This necklace is so amazing! A true piece of Art. It looks much better than the RL necklace.
    What a masterful job!
    I leave inspired!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job you did with the bits and pieces! You are quite a creative gal.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, Paulette! Love your version more. Thank you for sharing with my party!

    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice Blog
    congratulations
    from Chile
    c@

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a fun and creative way
    to wrap some sparkle
    around a slender neck

    thanks for sharing
    at fridays unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete