Sunday, April 14, 2013

Seashore inspired mosaic creation




I began creating various sizes of ceramic tiles 

to use in an old wooden tray that I painted white.










I wanted to incorporate turquoise with the existing green 

color of my cottages shutters,

as I intend to use it on the patio with new ceramic dishes

that I am designing in varying shades of Tiffany blue hues.





I added in some glass tile samples leftover from a sample card,

 some flat marbles and even a few stray pearls, just because.






I used liquid nail to glue the pieces in place and white grout 

to fill in all the spaces.






There are some days when it all comes together and causes your heart to sing! 






7 comments:

  1. Just lovely...makes me feel like I'm at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW--this is so beautiful. The tiles look exceptional in the white tray--very creative. Love the colors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my vintage sewing book.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please -- all my favorite colors! The tiles are terrific and look perfect against that white background. I love the fish, the starfish -- I love them all. How wonderful they will be with your dishes!

    And thanks for stopping by The Marmelade Gypsy! I loved your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors and the different elements that you used for your tray. Very pretty and summery looking. Visiting you from Funky Junk party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My!! This is beautiful. Makes me want to go to Cape May!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute:) Love the theme, little fish and these adorable flowers. All together looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this. Such talent.....and thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete