Saturday, January 15, 2011

Magenta and yellow color scheme



this is how one thing can lead to another...



beginning with these beauties found in the garden




and natures color scheme

add in miscellaneous found scattered about the studio




next thing you know the lid to one of my bisque boxes is being decoupaged




using the graphics from a decorative napkin torn to size



with a little watercolor painting added to accentuate the pink

& complete the look


more about playing with napkins on bisqueware here



7 comments:

  1. So cheerful, sunny and bright. Just what we need on the gray wintry day. Thanks.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just TOO talented. It's gorgeous! It was a very Spring-like day here today and this post is so "springy" too!

    xox
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful inspiration, and beautiful result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an award waiting for you over at my blog. Stop by when you get a chance to receive it. Congrats!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that vibrant color combo!
    And *thank you* for your absolutely lovely comment, I immediately went to add Ophelia's World to my Amazon wish list!
    My best,
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Paulette, I'm not sure how I ended up here today--just popping around in blogland to visit new people--but I am SO HAPPY to have found you! I must follow!! This color scheme may be what I have been looking for--trying to redo a few rooms and brighten them up. I love pink, but need to keep hubby in mind too. And your glittered hydrangeas are wonderful. I'm thinking the white flower with the yellow center is a camellia (by process of elimination) and it is gorgeous. I'm going to visit more of your old posts! Linda

    ReplyDelete