Friday, December 6, 2013

Glitter and garden clippings


Snippets of branches, leaves and berries are clipped from the garden




then twisted and intertwined...




and a few more added in, to create a holiday wreath.




These are the products that happened to be handy 
and what I chose to experiment with.




I'm certain the intended use is not for plants, ha ha!



First I did a light spray of the white primer,  
followed by the metallic aluminum paint




 and quickly, before it could dry 
I sprinkled silver glitter on top of everything!




Then for the pièce de résistance....




I happened to have a few sparkley items 

that called out to be part of the merry mayhem.




"Creativity is contagious. Pass it on."

Albert Einstein


7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Paulette! And, of course, very creative. I hope you have been well and are enjoying the festive season, in spite of the mayhem! Thinking of you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Paulette! The jewelry bugs look so natural on the glittery vines and leaves. Just beautiful.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Love the transformation from raw greens to gorgeous! Visiting from Seasonal Sundays...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, talk about a dramatic transformation. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This may be the most beautiful thing I've seen in all the holiday posts. I loved it as greens -- the silver is such a WOW! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wreath is absolutely delightful!!! I also loved it in its natural form, but the paint and sparkles made it so fun and festive.
    Thank you so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments.
    I'm your newest follower,
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paulette, you are so creative. The wreath is spectacular and made from readily available raw materials. The glitter and sparkly jewelry really make it. Also love the Christmas trees made from shells since I'm very fond of sea shells. Here's to a fabulous new year!

    ReplyDelete