Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holiday Hydrangeas




Judith from Lavender Cottage left a sweet comment 

and I popped over to view her world.


This is her photo with the caption...




"The Annabelle hydrangea flowers that are now a crispy parchment colour
have pretty ice crystals covering them. "

************

OMGoodness, I LoVed the photo of her hydrangea with ice crystals!

I'm so inspired to play with glitter on the ones in my garden.

so I began with this one...


then I clipped one that was just beginning to fade...



and yet another that I lightly sprayed with white Krylon paint then glittered





here is a view of all 3



hmmm.... what to do with the new beauties?




a holiday door garland!


Thank you Judith for the inspiration.


14 comments:

  1. Hello Paulette
    I am honoured that a creative artist would be inspired by a photo of mine.
    The garland is beautiful and will look charming when hung.
    Thanks for visiting my blog, come again soon.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a beautiful way to use your fading hydrangeas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paulette, I am visiting from Judith's, I love your inspired project!! A great way to catch the magic of the frost in a lasting way... gorgeous!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paulette, these are stunning! What a great idea. I dry lots of hydrangea blooms each year so will definitely have to try this.

    Georgianna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how this looks! The chunky glitter really looks like ice crystals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look I will try it I have Annabelle 's too in my garden. Looks so festive

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love the one that you sprayed with white paint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They turned out to look just like naturally frost ladden hydrangeas ! How absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous textures, is what I think!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these and all your other work here. Boy are you talented. Thanks for sharing!
    EnJoY your Christmas,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! I love hydrangeas. Hoping you'll visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made With Love Monday! The party will be open until Friday if you want to link up multiple projects. Wishing you a very blessed Christmas! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete