Sunday, January 22, 2012

You are LoVed




Here is the latest project I am working on,

a pillow shaped ceramic vase I made and glazed on the inside.

After painting the background I began decoupaging with paper and lace,

paint and marking pens.



It is not quite finished yet,

I am looking for small alphabet stamps to add along the ankle line

"you are loved" in walnut colored ink.



This is created for a sweet little girl in the hospital battling cancer.

{ Please keep her in your prayers }

( even better, I found a press on alphabet in chocolate by Fiskars! )



Homage to and inspiration from Julie Nutting's wonderful book!






12 comments:

  1. It's a sweet gift and I bet it will cheer the sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This vase is looking just lovely! Creativity is good for the soul :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came over from Marty's to say and to tell you what beautiful work you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paulette, this is an adorable mixed-media collage. It will look lovely filled with gay flowers, and how considerate that you're making it for a girl battling cancer. Hopefully it will cheer her regularly.

    Thanks much regarding the painting bestowed to Marty for TTT #100. It's a lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popped over from A Stroll Thru Life...the vase you are creating is just stunning. I can imagine the look on that child's face when you present it to her..such delight I am certain. Thoughts and prayers are with her and her loved ones during this most difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a sweet picture. I am stopping over from Marty's Blog A Stroll Thru Life for her Table Top Tuesday Party. Your painting is just beautiful. I hope to win!!
    I will be following you, Di@Cottage-wishes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful and sweet painting. Lifting her up in prayers. Thank you for giving away the beautiful painting on Marty's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Paulette. What a lovely vase and a wonderful gesture to cheer up a child. I liked your shirt and scarf in the previous posts as well. Nothing like enhancing and upgrading what you've got!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet gift for a special little girl. I hope she'll be as good as new very soon.

    I'm stopping by from Marty's party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is in my prayers. The "Loved" on the little jacket is my absolute favorite part. I hope she feels all the love that went into this!

    ReplyDelete