Saturday, July 30, 2011

Silk Ruffles & Rosettes

... just sharing my latest fabric creation.
A sweet silk scarf with a wide gathered ruffle on one end
and multiple layered rosettes embellishing the other,


and too many tiny ruffles to count in between!





I found the weightless silk top fluttering in the breeze,

another alley find on my walk home from the beach.
The neighbor had been editing her closet
and there were numerous items left out for others to
discover, take home and treasure or share.
I loved the beautiful fabric this top had been made with,
and having nothing to risk I tossed it in the laundry.
Grateful it laundered beautifully,
but since it wasn't my size or style,
I chose to re purpose the top into this ultra feminine ruffled scarf.



Unfortunately I did not take a before photo,
but this snapshot will show you what was left
after this sewing project was completed.




Thrilled to have it shared in Stampington's publication!

.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my this is a gorgeous scarf!!! Would you mind if I shared this post with a link back to you for my Discovering Beauty post this Wednesday?

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have a designer scarf and one that will bring on lots of attention. I love how creative you are. Thanks for sharing. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh boy...i am very excited to have found your blog, just now, via georgianna lane....i just love your ceramics and jewelry and fabric creations...i have found much inspiration from you today! thank you!
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This scarf is GORGEOUS!!!! You did a fantastic job!!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings from Tunisia! I just happened upon your beautiful blog while surfing the net and trying to beat the heat. Your fabric creations are gorgeous and your ceramics are sumptuous. Love the fabric roses in ceramics. I look forward to following your future projects.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paulette,
    I was so delighted to find your comment on my blog, this morning! Many many thanks for your kindness and sweet words, I really appreciate you took the time to visit. It's such a blessing to inspire others...
    I had a quick look to your old posts, and wow! This ruffled scarf is amazing! I love how soft is looks... the roses are just divine.
    Will be adding you to my links so I can visit often. You won me when mentioned you live in a cottage with abundant garden overlooking the sea! Aaahh. ;))
    Monica x

    ReplyDelete