Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sennelier art supplies ( Couleurs pour artistes )





On the left bank of the River Seine and directly across from the Louvre Museum is an amazing 123 year old art supply store.
Sennelier's was frequented by Cezanne, Picasso, Degas, and many other famous artists.
It is family owned and operated since 1887.
They create many of their own paints and pastels.


This is pure joy to visit, and a visual delight every where you look.









I came away with Sennelier gouache in Lemon Yellow, Carmine, Cerulean Blue Hue and Titanium white.

Later that afternoon I played with my new paints to see how many different colors I could create with these 3.

I filled one blank page out of my journal before I ran out of time and space on the page.




I love color mixing and the unlimited possibilities !


.

.

1 comment: