Tuesday, January 5, 2010

On the 12th day of Christmas





A welcome gift...
time to play and create, even paint, in my sun filled studio!

But before wrapping and storing away Holiday decorations I'd like to share a few of my favorite creations...

The first is a before and after snapshot of my latest bejeweled design.
The cone shaped, mirrored with glitter decoration was purchased at Marshall's for $9.00 on sale as it was missing it's top piece.
I couldn't resist the merry and bright possibilities it held, though at the time I wasn't clear on how I would be embellishing it.

It was probably the beauties of Margaret Larkin showcased at Rodgers Gardens that gave me the inspiration a few days later.
Not owning much costume jewelry I chose to pull out my button box and pilfer thru looking for all the silver toned buttons I could find, and anything else that wanted to be included in the same genre. Using straight pins with pearl heads I was able to attach a plethora of pretties, and amazingly I just happened to have a vintage footed silver tray that fit perfectly as a pedestal.





I love that it can evolve and other colors can be added as one wishes
and favorites can be removed easily and still worn.






view more creative decorating tips here


4 comments:

  1. WOW...what gorgeous trees!

    CHRISTmas Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one OUTSTANDING TREE...love the look of it! I’m having a Christmas Open House…would love to have you join in on the fun. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wonderful jewelry tree would rate staying out all year long! Thank you for sharing your charming design. Merry Christmas! Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Beautiful job!

    Merry Christmas!

    Cheers!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete