I found this sweet old fashioned looking quilted pillow sham
being discarded and decided to rescue it.
I loved the colors, greens and pinks with a floral motif
and best of all it was matelasse, the best fabric for an apron because
it is so absorbent and perfect for a messy ceramic artist like me.
I cut away at the top corner
and used the cut away piece as a pattern
to cut the opposite side as well.
Then I folded over the back side twice,
rolling and pinning it as I went along.
That made it easy to hand stitch it down.
I cut away and used the bottom half of the back lining of the
pillow case to create apron strings
by cutting it in 3 even pieces
and making long tubes to attach to the neck and two sides.
Look how cute the scallop edging at the neck
and along the sides of the apron shows so well!
This was super easy
and I didn't even have to pull out my sewing machine.
Practical and pretty!